Sunday 26 April 2015

The last week or so.

Above:  A self portrait exercise that my father made while training as a stonemason in the 1950s.  A bit like an ancient Roman Elvis....
Above: My illustration for Gardening Australia magazine, May 2015.  While protecting his delicate seedlings from the freezing cold of Mount Macedon, Michael ponders what it would be like to be a gardener in the tropics.

Above: After it grew dark I realised that a mushroom had been staring at me the whole time while I was working.

Above: Hallway home improvement.  It felt rather grown up to get my 1930s slavic costume lithographs properly framed.  There are eight of these beauties in total.  I like to stare at little their details while brushing my teeth.  (There are similar ones for sale here.  They depict French costumes rather than Slavic ones, but they may well be by the same artist.) 
Above: Fridge looking somewhat less grown up?!!


Above: These tiny portraits are now in my Etsy shop.  They are 10 x 10 cm (that's 4 x 4 inches - I think!).
 Above and below: work in progress.

2 comments:

sister outlaws said...

You have to watch those sneaky staring mushrooms! And your father does look like a brooding Roman Elvis - that brow! Does that make you a toga wearing Lisa Marie???

Sandra Eterovic said...

You are very very very witty, Julianne. Yes I am a toga wearing Lisa Marie. ;-)