Wednesday 25 April 2012

Knitting class at Craft Victoria








I am very excited -- and almost as nervous -- to be part of Jasmine Targett's Skills Swap Meet free workshop, an adjunct to her Crumbling Ecologies exhibition at Craft Victoria.  This Saturday afternoon I will be showing participants how to change colours within a row of knitting and how to read a graph.  I will be bringing copies of my Rags to Riches scarf design for the knitters to practice on and take home to hopefully make their own variation!  See you there.

4 comments:

sister outlaws said...

Love your knitting! It's just fantastic! Have you seen this blog? A scottish knitter designer...
http://katedaviesdesigns.com/

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Julianne!
Thank you very much for your encouraging comment and for that beautiful link -- now there's someone who could teach us all a thing or two about knitting!!!

Evie said...

hello sandra - all the best for tomorrow - sounds wonderful. i would love to learn how to be a clever colourful knitter like yourself. sadly i have other commitments tomorrow. i know our paths will cross one of these days : )

Sandra Eterovic said...

I wish that you could have come! It would have been fun. Maybe one of these days I will come to one of YOUR classes!!

As it happened, everyone was at beginner stage, which was fine. I remembered that knitting a stitch is a task not to be underestimated, and we took it slowly. And hopefully, had some fun too. I learned something too: that I would definitely teach a class again!!!