Monday 14 March 2011

An excuse to become a recipe blog?!

Karen Martini had some particularly marvellous recipes in her regular Sunday Life spread in The Age (and presumably The Sydney Morning Herald) yesterday. As I looked for the third time at the one shown here -- double checking to see if I needed to buy anything in order to make it -- I noticed some familiar looking stitches sitting underneath the plate.

It was my scarf: the stylist had used it as a table runner! I was on public transport at the time, but I wanted to giggle out loud, or show it to the passenger in the next seat. Instead I waited until I got to my friend's house to show it off.
The best part is that we actually ended up making the recipe for dinner -- including the pita bread. It was beyond wonderful, and worth every second of trouble. Try it! You can use a different meat (we did) or if you are vegetarian, cook more eggplant and toss it in the spices instead.



Above: the first scarf I ever made -- which I wasn't sure about at the time because I thought that someone might think that I was wearing a teatowel around my neck. OK, now I know that I was...

I just realised that I have not included the pita bread recipe here...if anyone is interested I can always reproduce it here later.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, made me giggle, you have to admit it looks splendid as a runner as well. Tore this recipe out yesterday...so glad to hear it's a goodie!

Essie E said...

YAY and YUM! xx

jen storer said...

LOL that's so funny . Yes, your beautiful scarf is really a multi-purpose piece (and congrates btw it must have been so exciting to see it there) but also your ref to becoming a recipe blog because i made your fabo coconut cake on sunday and blogged about it! Thanks for all your goodies and inspiration, sandra! jxx

Elaine Prunty said...

no! it wasn't a tea towel it was a table runner,
a multi faceted item no longer exclusively for necks.....your on to something
i particularly like the receipe instruction to serve with ouzo,
i'll drink to that and to your good health too.
the word verification is nonfize....how apt ...

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much, Jenni, Esme, Jen and Elaine!
It really is a very versatile piece isn't it? ;)

And you must all make the recipe -- or variations thereof -- it really is that good.

Yes, and ouzo is nice too.
:)

Anonymous said...

Love your work Sandra!!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Aw, thank you so much for writing! :)

PeregrineBlue said...

totally love this since i sew sew sew all the livelong day.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you Costanza, my stitching is very basic compared to yours!!!