Tuesday 25 January 2011

A top invention




I invented a top! Well, sort of. It's based on the shape of an embroidered South American top that I bought on etsy last year. It's so clever that I thought I'd see whether it would work in an even simpler incarnation. I have also been reading about mid twentieth century American designer Claire McCardell this week. I was hoping she would approve of my simple top.

In truth I have become a card making machine this week. Pretty soon a selection of my cards will be available from Brunswick Bound and Wilkins & Kent. I am very excited to have my work in these great Melbourne shops!

2 comments:

rigel said...

So cute! Lovely colour too. This inspires me to get in front of my very neglected sewing machine.
And congrats on the cards!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you very much Rigel! Sewing summer clothes is much easier than winter ones, I think. Maybe in spring the machine will get some attention!