Tuesday 26 January 2010

I love Marcel Duchamp!








I love Marcel Duchamp. I'd like to think that it's because I understand his depth of influence over the course of art in the twentieth century, an influence that is still evident in the work of contemporary artists. Actually, looking at the above images, I think that my love of Marcel Duchamp is about as deep as my love of stationery.
But that's pretty deep.
Images from the Japanese exhibition catalogue Marcel Duchamp Graphics, Kyoto Shoin, 1991. One of my favourite books! I just wish that I could read it.

3 comments:

local flavour said...

sandra i love your humour!! if your love for duchamp is really as deep as your love for stationary - that IS pretty deep! more!! (of you) to the world.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Local!
Thank you my fellow stationery lover. Your blog is looking MAGNIFICENT! More from you too! More! More! More! ;)

Anonymous said...

Computer Mirror Image: "THE BLUE BUTTERFLY IS 33YO NOW"

Marcel Duchamp: Nude Descending a Staircase No 2

Watch video
http://www.flickr.com/photos/art2science/5436445783/