Tuesday 31 March 2009

A Scarf for Bridget

Above: the scarf that I started knitting for my dear friend Bridget about a year ago is finally finished. It was not ready for her birthday last October; I used the impending spring weather as my excuse. Now that it's almost autumn that excuse is no longer valid, so here it is my lovely friend, wrap yourself up! It will be 30 degrees tomorrow on April 1, however. That happens to be my birthday and I can say with some assurance that it has NEVER been 30 degrees on my birthday (in Melbourne) before. No scarves for us tomorrow!

I must sheepishly admit that I posted my photo of the scarf on Martha Stewart's website. I heard that her genius craft editor Laura Normandin has left: in my dreams I get to take over...

2 comments:

hopeful~ for happy said...

The scarf is beautiful, in my dreams you get to take over at Martha Stewart too, then you bring me along as art and decorating editor.

Happy belated birthday, love.

Sandra Eterovic said...

That sounds like a fine idea. Even better -- we start our own magazine! That would definitely be my childhood dreams coming true....What's news in Singapore, H? :)