Monday 9 February 2009

Inspiration 5: Svijet oko Nas

My love for the 1960's two-volume Yugoslav children's encyclopedia Svijet oko Nas (The World Around Us) knows no bounds. Yes, I have mentioned it here before. I thought it was time to share it with the world and post some of my favourite pictures from it. It can be found by clicking here on Flickr. I have not posted a great deal of images as the books are in delicate condition and will not stand up to being bent over a scanner too many times. However, please let me know if you have enjoyed seeing them and would like to see more.
Above: Gol! (Goal!) from the entry on the human body in volume II.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sandra

congratulations on your linden postcard show win! nice one!!

hope all is well,and cheers,

damon

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hey Damon! Thanks for contacting me. I just had a look at your site -- those mask etchings are fantastic! Really strong, beautiful shapes.

Kickcan & Conkers said...

I love these - can I show a couple on my Tumblr an dlink back to your flickr?